Friday, February 12, 2010

Aggression 50 Review

Fit hit the shan for me tonight. I was supposed to do an overnight drinking/rock wall climbing (Safe? Probably not. Entertaining? You bet your ass.) thing, but that fell through. It gives me time to review Agg 50 though. I think I'll also read and review Destrucity II too later tonight and hope someone from the WFW:NE crew rps so I can get one up tonight while I have time too.

Right away we get the extravagance of our World Champion. Jamar makes The Blue-Eyed Badass surprisingly endearing for the OOC handler and its impressive. If I was actually an EPW wrestler or a fan I'd hate Stevens, but as a handler sort of watching the puppet show from above, you can't help but like the character, particularly the way Short uses him. I'd like to see more interaction in general from Anthology, but especially between Stevens and the rest of Anthology. I know OOC Jamar stated publicly he'd like to collaborate more with the rest of the handlers in the stable. I hope it happens.

The Stevens and Stalker seg was a fantastic storyline transition and much needed. Too often feuds and alliances die with little explanation. I'm really glad this segment happened so we can follow what is happening between the two most evil heels in EPW for the last several years. Plus an Anthology/Stalker, Black and Omega alliance is just scary for the rest of us.

That said, Stevens talked about Stalker leading his own stable and I really liked that. What's surprising is that Stalker has a "Career vs Career" match coming up. I'm not sure what to make of that, but it would be a damn shame to see either Stalker OR Rocko leave EPW. Let's hope some extenuating circumstances come into play related to this and they both stay.

I like seeing Winters stirring the hornet's nest backstage. He's the perfect character for it. I know Layne talked about moving up fast because of injuries against my character in rp and its good to see him staying congruent. Obviously he was all over the place in this show and he picked a good time considering the stage. That said I'd absolutely LOVE a Winters/Brown feud.

Heirs of Wrestling had an impressive win. Forgive me, but I can't remember your first name, but if its Seth I'll feel really dumb. Anyway, I've PMed this guy back and forth a few times and anybody who comes recommended by Lindz is definitely talented. Heirs has been thrown into the fire a bit and this is a huge win. I think ?Seth? also writes Tony "The Grin" Gamble as well. I rped against Gamble in the TiT a few years back and there's no question Seth is very talented. He's a welcome addition to a stacked roster. Forgive me if any of the multiple assumptions in this paragraph are inaccurate. Ask Stanton how often I f*ck things up on this blog. He's my editor. ;)

Whoever wrote the Brown/Fuse match (I'll guess again and say Jay wrote it) I really enjoyed reading it and I'm glad he put such an emphasis on how big the match was to the two wrestlers. Having Karl back in EPW is a real blessing. Hypothetically speaking, you give me Karl on the topic of most talented writer in EPW, I'll give you anybody else and we'd have one hell of a debate, let's put it that way.

Big win for Basterd. Tom is so good at taking just about any imaginable character and making him good. I don't know how he writes such diverse styles and still makes it work.

I wrote the tag title match. I hope everybody involved enjoyed it. I tried to make Stalker and Omega look good because they rped really well and I thought it was fitting for the new Anthology tag team to mesh well, hence the way it ended.

The Black/Dishon match was very good. I'd like to see Dishon bounce right back from this loss. Everything I've read from him shows a lot of talent and I truly think he'll move up in EPW swiftly. The Black/Winters rp period will be a fun read. Pitting those two characters against each other should cause some fireworks.

I'd love to see a solid Hart/Edmunds feud leading up to the next PPV. Aston's segs are always absolutely awesome and what I've seen from Sean is all talent so I hope they jump at this chance and really shine the next few weeks. The potential is there ten-fold. Plus it would be nice to see another good HOPE vs Anthology feud besides the First/Stevens one.

High Flyer's a hell of a talent. I loved reading the character in PRIME and he's done well in TEAM's interfed tourneys. I hope he sticks around because I think he can compete with anybody. It's really nice seeing this influx of talent.

I know I sound like a broken record, but there's really no one like Strawsma and the way he writes matches. I think he went the extra mile this time because Agg 50 was such a big deal. I truly loved it. Stanton puts so much effort into everything related to EPW and he really pushed Jay like crazy during that rp period. I also like seeing Cruise bounce back from what happened with Anthology. Great main event.

One last thing, I really liked how many segs there were with HOPE. There's a lot of drama there and its a lot of fun to watch all of them collaborate and put out entertaining segs.

I'd say Agg 50 lived up to the hype.

No comments: