Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Aggression 41 Review and WOTM

This show started off with a bang right away, as the Frankie Scott/Omega feud is one of the best in EPW now. Omega is winning me over each week with his nuttiness to go along with being one tough sob. Scott plays the heel to perfection and adding Lindsay Troy in this segment was a brilliant touch. I'm getting more and more excited for this feud each week.

Speaking of Omega and Scott, both pick up big wins this week. Omega gets a huge win over the biggest face in EPW right now and Scott takes care of business against Stone, who I'm looking forward to seeing more of.

The Anthology segment was just as entertaining, with a few spots that really made me laugh. Hart is his usual loony self, and the bit with Cameron Cruise had me chuckling. There's a reason this group is rising so fast through EPW, they're fun and talented.

I wrote the Cruise/Tact vs Crimson Calling match and I hope everyone involved enjoyed it. It took me longer than usual to write this one as I seemed to hit a snag at every turn, but I hope it had everyone involved enjoying it by the end. Someone needs to lure Nathan Fear into one of his million-dollar safes, lock him in there, and change the combination.

Justin did an excellent job with the Hart/Fusenshoff match. I really enjoyed reading through the whole thing and he always surprises me with the brilliant swerves he comes up with to keep our feud interesting. I'm really looking foward to our cage match and the magnitude of the stipulations it brings.

Also a big win for Anarky, who's destined for a huge feud with one of the best in EPW, Felix Red. These two have a deep-seeded dislike for each other. I hope they draw this feud out and give it the attention it deserves. I hope they make it ugly, brutal, and as exciting as it seems like it will be for us readers.

My happiest moment was seeing Beast and Miles back in the ring. These are two huge stars going at it. The swerve that Miles locked Beast in the locker room during Kings of the Cage was a nice touch. I liked the Fight Club reference. I look forward to seeing Miles back in the ring once Katz is able, sounds like the ppv.

I have no doubt Strawsma wrote the main event, and we should all be eternally grateful he shows up week after week putting these matches together. I don't follow NFW as much as I should, but from what I've read Ryan is the best matchwriter in FW. This match was another fantastic one. It even had a little chinese lady ready to kick some ass. In the end Forsaken proved they're the best duo in EPW and have been for one hell of a long time.

They're also my Wrestlers of the Month for January.

No comments: