Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How I Found Fusenshoff

This is my first "real" blog post. Leave a comment if you want me to link your blog to mine and I hope you'll return the favor.

I'll be out of character here.

I think I'll inform any readers out there how I ended up writing the character Fusenshoff. I started in MBE with Ace Mason and talked a buddy of mine into being my tag partner. He wrote one promo and called it quits, but I still had this tag team, International Icons.

I decided to keep the tag team because we had a title shot and I liked both characters. The TEAM Invitational Tournament was coming up and I told Tom I could rp with both guys if need be. MBE was at a stand still and I felt I could handle it.

I had never written a solo promo for Fusenshoff at this point. He was still kind of my buddy's character, and was just Ace's mean tag partner. I sat down and wanted to make him very different from Ace Mason, and I came up with a drunk. I needed a good reason for him to be a drunk and thought of the car accident. It all fell into place after that.

I'm personally not a whole lot like Fusenshoff. I drink socially two or more times a week, but very rarely get hammered. I usually stop at five and my tolerance is high because of my genes. Neither of us are approval seekers, so we have that in common. I put effort into staying positive and optimistic, while 'Hoff is obviously nothing like that. I'm 23 and I've never experienced a significant death in my life (knock on wood).

I love writing this character because it flows out of me much more naturally than Ace does. I think he's easy for me because I'm VERY clear about what he represents and what he stands for. I feel like I could predict exactly what Fusenshoff would do in any given situation without a moment's hesitation.

~~~~~~~~

Where this blog is concerned, I'll update it either weekly or bi-weekly. Right now it's a mystery what I'll come up with to post, and it'll probably take a month or so for me to find a true direction for this blog. I see a bright future for Fusenshoff because I love to write and I'm starting to really get the hang of promo-style rp writing.

No comments: